Holidays are synonymous with fun and what better way of having fun that having some adventure which is safe and at the same time offers you the adrenaline rush and makes you feel alive. India is one of the places that offer you adventure and at the same time is very reasonable. Each and every state of the country has some enviable adventure spots. If you are looking for some adventure sports places in India, then you need not be hassled as I have made a list of the best adventure tourist places in India and everything that will help you to plan out a trip to remember for a long time to come. Take a look.
1. Damdama Lake
Located at 40 kms from Delhi
Best time to visit October to March
This is one of those adventure places near Delhi that you can visit, be for a day and then get back to your daily life. There is an island on the lake where you can reach by boat or road as it is surrounded by water only on three sides. There are the Aravalli hills in the backdrop. There is a special complex known as the Damdama Tourist complex where you can book yourself a play to stay while you are there. There are not many adventure places around Delhi and this one is clearly the best you can get if you are looking for adventure places in Delhi NCR.
Main attractions of Damdama Lake
- Hot air ballooning, Parasailing, Kayaking, Rock climbing, cycling, camping etc
- Obstacle courses, team building games and there is bungey jumping in case there is a crowd and a for a slight extra pay
Resorts near the Damdama Lake
Botanix Nature resort, Dream Island resort, Waterbanks Island resort, Seven Folds resort, Sara Tourist complex etc
2. Adventure Plus Resort
Located at Yeoli, Taluka Bhor, 50kms from Pune
Best time to visit September to March
The Adventure Plus resort undoubtedly tops the list of the best adventure places near Pune. It is situated in a rural area and the views of the places are scenic and calming, while the adventure sports that are held there will leave you begging for more. There are excursions that are held from the resort and you need to book well in advance as there are many visitors thronging the area. Rightly tagged as one of the most happening adventure places in Maharashtra.
Main attractions of Adventure Plus resort
- Water based activities- kayaking, paddle boat, rain dance, inflatables, paddle caddie, Burma bridge
- Land based- archery, riffle shooting, rock climbing, rappelling, rope bridge, skating, spidernet, mine field, alpine towers etc
- Paintball, zorbing, Zipline, ATV, Sumo wrestling, Sky runner, Gyro gym, water roller
3. Baga Beach
Located in Goa
Best time to visit December to February
Baga beach is one of the busiest beaches of North Goa. People from different parts of India as well as from different parts of the globe flock to this beach and that is mainly because of the spirit of gaiety that it exudes at all times. The little shacks dotting the beach offer amazing food and drink.
Main features of Baga Beach
- Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Water skiing, wind surfing, knee and wake boarding, speedboat rides etc
- The night life on the beach is really enticing and there are parties held at regular intervals
- Baga-Anjuna Hill, Baga Retreat House, Arpora Village, Ingo’s night market
Hotels near Baga Beach
Colonia Santa Maria, Suncity resort, Sun Park resort, Nazri resort
4. BR Hills Wildlife Adventure resort
Located at 80kms from Mysore, Karnataka
Best time to visit Between June and November
There are many adventure places near south India and this one is most talked about. It is clearly one of the top 10 adventure places in India. It is basically a protected wildlife reserve area and there are some temples that are present in the vicinity that are of tourist interest.
Main features of BR Hills Wildlife Adventure resort
- Trekking with authorized guides who know every nook and corner of the forest area.
- Jungle safari that will let you get up, close and personal with the various animals and birds of the forest
- Elephant ride in the forest range
5. Leh and Ladakh
Located at Jammu and Kashmir
Best time to visit June and November
Leh and Ladakh are places that are primarily known for the adventure sports that are held there. The places are visited by people from every walk of life. It is an adrenaline buff’s haven as the landscape of the area offers a natural platform for the various sports that are carried out. There are also many monasteries and temples in the area. The place is of importance to Buddhists, Hindus and Muslims.
Main features of Leh and Ladakh
Trekking is one of the most sought after sports in Leh and Ladakh. There are many trekking circuits in the area. The main routes are Padam to Darcha via Shingo La, Rubra La and the Marka valley.
- White water rafting along the course of the Indus river
- Camel safaris in the sandy area in Hunder, Ladakh
- Archery can be indulged in. It is also a traditional sport of the place.
- Yak safari, which is a mild safari on the back of the yak, offering picturesque views of the Leh and Ladakh landscape.
- Mountain climbing on the various mountain routes that are provided.
- Paragliding, bungey jumping, parasailing, sky diving, hot air ballooning etc
Located in Dehradoon, Uttarakhand
Best time to visit between late May and early November
Another one of the very important adventure places in India. It is known to be the host to many school excursions and receives both national and international tourists all through the year. The weather is pleasant for most parts of the year and there is a view of the Himalayas in the background that adds to the beauty of the place.
Main attractions of Rishikesh
Water rafting and kayaking in the river Ganges. The rafting route commences at Kaudiyala and goes upto Muni ki reti. It is considered to be a grade 4 rapid and is thus, quite challenging.
- Skiing on the slopes of Auli. There are national and international competitions that are held for the same at this venue every year.
- Trekking to Hemund which is a pilgrimage spot for Sikhs.
- Cable cars across the various routes of the area.
- Valley of Flowers National park that offers breath-taking views
These are the best adventure places in India. All of them will present you with an experience that you have not had and will not have anywhere else in the world. You need to be careful of the clothes and other essentials that you are packing as these places tend to be slightly cold during the night. Also, you need to make your bookings in advance so that there are last minute glitches in your trip. The places that have been mentioned are perfect holiday destinations for lone travelers, as well as those who are travelling with their family or friends.